Discovery Academy’s Groundbreaking Ceremony 10/3/13

Dear Parents,

Today was a historic milestone for our young school.  In Wethersfield, at the future home of our school, town leaders, CREC leadership, elected officials, teachers, parents, students, and supporters of education came together to officially start the process of transforming our new school’s framework into the state of the art learning institution it will become.

As an educator, this was a first for me.  I have experienced many special moments in my career, but this was a first on so many levels.  Words can’t express how proud I am of our community for making this project a reality.  Our new school will be a place where your children will continue the amazing journey they have begun at our current facility.  To see what we have accomplished so far and to imagine what we will with this new facility is unfathomable to me.  I have included some pictures from the day below.  I hope they are as inspirational for you to view as they were for me to experience.  Here’s to the years of exceptional learning ahead of us!

-Mr. Reed-Swale

One thought on “Discovery Academy’s Groundbreaking Ceremony 10/3/13

1. We are proud to be a new discovery family. Our girls have transitioned so well to going to school for the first time and absolutely love school. This is a testament to all of the wonderful people who make the school what it is, well beyond the limitations of the physical space. We look forward to being a part of an even more amazing learning community, once the physical building is on par with those who devote themselves to the children within those walls. It’s an exciting time for all.