Wild Krats

You know how “There’s never anything good on TV for kids today!” comes into your lexicon from time to time.  I know that I feel this way when my son wants to watch xyz program of superheros fighting bad guys and animals running over others in the Roadrunner style of show.  It seems like there is nothing well produced for kids that also ties into science.  Not so!

We have a streaming subscription to Netflix which is where I found this show, but you can find it on PBS as well.  The show is called The Wild Kratts and it follows two brothers who learn about animals and their creature features as they work through some dramatized issues.  The brothers Chris and Martin Kratt are both animated characters and real life environmentalists.  I can’t recommend this show any higher.  My son loves it and I now cite the Wild Kratts when he wants to keep that bug or salamander he found in the yard overnight.

I’ve included an episode from their YouTube channel for you to preview.  The show is available to view on YouTube, is broadcast on PBS, and has back episodes on Netflix.  I hope your children get as hooked as mine are on this amazing and educational show.

-Mr. Reed-Swale

3 thoughts on “Wild Krats

1. My girls have watched this in the mornings as we get ready for the day, and it quickly became one of their favorites. As a science teacher myself, I love all of the things they learn about all sorts of different species. Recently pbs changed their line up and we no longer get to see wild kratts which had greatly disappointed the girls. So it’s great to know we can still get a chance to see it on Netflix. Definitely worth watching, also worth checking out are Sid the Science Kid.

• I looked up the show online and it would appear that they have been signed up for this year and into 2016, so the Wild Kratts are still going strong, they’re just on at a different time I guess. I haven’t heard of Sid the Science Kid. We only have the kids watch Netflix so we don’t get commercials. Thanks for the recommendation.

Tom

2. This show is definitely one of MB’s favorites! We have it set on DVR. It’s one show I don’t mind him watching. He has learned a lot from this and nurtures his fascination with animals.